1. Whom should I contact if I have questions about toll gates?For more information about the Abu Dhabi Toll Gate system, please call (80088888)
5. What are the daily toll fees?The toll fee will be AED 4 during peak hours from Saturday to Thursday only (7:00 AM – 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM), with a daily maximum fee of AED 16 per vehicle.
20. How can I know if I have any violations?You can find out about violations of the toll gate system by visiting w www.itc.gov.ae
22. What do I do when I drive through a toll gate without having sufficient funds in my account?You must pay within five working days, and if you do not pay, you will receive a notice of a fine. Vehicles registered within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi do not have to have credit in their account and can pay at time of renewal of the vehicle. Vehicles from other emirates must be registered in order to avoid violations.
23. I drive a vehicle that is registered out of Abu Dhabi; how will I be informed if I violate the Abu Dhabi toll gate system?
A text message will be sent through the system to the vehicle owner’s mobile phone informing them of their pass and they must register according to the regulations.
24. What are the types of toll gate system violations?
There are four types of toll gate system violations: - Passing through a toll gate without registering the vehicle in the system after the deadline of registration incurs a fine of AED 100 for the first day, AED 200 for the second day, and AED 400 for the third day and so on, up to a maximum of AED 10,000. - Passing through a toll gate without sufficient credit in the user’s account for vehicles registered outside Abu Dhabi Emirate after the deadline will incur a fine of AED 50 per day. - Tampering with the license plate of the vehicle for the purpose of evading payment of the toll fee incurs a fine of AED 10,000. - Tampering with any of the electronic payment devices or the toll gate system incurs a fine of AED 10,000.
32. Where are the toll gates located?Toll gates are located on main bridges leading to Abu Dhabi City which are: Sheikh Zayed Bridge, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Bridge, Al Maqtaa Bridge, and Mussafah Bridge.
38. What happens if I don’t have enough balance in my ITPS account when I pass through a toll gate?If you pass through the toll gate with insufficient balance in your account, you have a grace period of five days from the trip date to recharge your account. Failure to do that will result in a violation.
39. Will I get an SMS from ITPS if there are any changes to my account?Yes
59. What happens if I sell my vehicle or buy a new one?You can refund your account balance if you request closing your account according to the procedures of the Integrated Transport Center.